The key to staying fit during the holidays is not as hard as most people think. Below are the foundations for success:
- Stay hydrated – Drink plenty of water. When it gets colder we tend to struggle with our water intake which can lead to overeating.
- Sleep – Make sure you stay as consistent as possible with sleep patterns. Lack of sleep leads to overeating. There is a direct correlation to sleep and eating patterns.
- Move – Walk get your steps. Daily movement is the key. Try to get at least 10k steps per day.
- Exercise – With gyms in CA recently closed again during the pandemic don’t slack on your workouts. Find a program that you can maintain online that keeps you accountable.
Find balance with your diet and workouts. The key especially during the holiday season is consistency. Most people will put off fitness goals until January. With that said, if fitness is always a priority for yearly goals why do most fail? Simple, most lack a plan and program that fits their lifestyle.
I recommend setting weekly targets that are maintainable. Such as:
- Eat wisely during the week and stay within a calorie target. Allow yourself one cheat day to enjoy things you like.
- Set a daily step goal that equates to a weekly target.
- Do some weight-based movements at least 3-5 times per week. Have a pre-designed program.
You can still enjoy holiday feats and treats just do it wisely. Look if this pandemic has taught us anything in 2020 it is to always expect the unexpected. You need to take more accountability for your health now more than ever. Having the flexibility to have an online platform keeps you nimble and adaptable to gym shutdowns/restrictions. If you’re interested in getting a customized assessment DM I am here to help! Happy holidays.
Yours in fitness and health,