ExerciseLifestyle 5 Ideas to Max Out Your Fitness During Pandemic

fitness during pandemic

5 ideas you can implement at home to spice up your fitness routine during the pandemic!

Right now is an exceptionally difficult time for most due to the pandemic, it’s the most important time to take care of your health!

I get it, it’s easy to feel unmotivated when you’re limited and hanging around at home and you may be starting to feel agitated and bored with what you are doing. 

Don’t fret! I’ve put together some ideas you can implement at home to spice up your new routine and take your fitness to the next level even during the pandemic! 


You may have a hard time motivating yourself at home or just unsure of what workouts you should be doing. Using someone else’s home workout guide will help you with structure and remain consistent. It’s best to research different programs so that you can find a style of training that matches your fitness goals. 

Using on-demand workout programs is also a great way to just get your body moving! However, this may not be suitable to your fitness needs or goals. 

Interested in something that you KNOW is going to work for YOU and give you long term sustainable RESULTS? 

Hire an Online Health Coach! This will ensure that you are getting hands on, one on one attention, support and accountability to meet your needs and goals. 


Tracking helps you not only see how far you’ve come but help you stay focused on what your goals are. 

Create some sort of chart on excel spreadsheet or chart to help you keep track of your progress each week. 

This could range from increasing your water intake, getting more steps in, increasing your endurance or strength in your workouts. 


Gallons of water bottles, benches, chairs, stairs, poles in the garage! Heavy or sturdy enough to lift or use as leverage? USE IT! As long as you’re staying safe of course (:

I highly recommend getting your hands on some booty bands, resistance bands of all different sizes, dumbbells, kettlebells, pull up bar, glute thruster bench, gliders and ankle weights! Having these things isn’t necessary but WILL enhance the intensity of your workout routine and you will see better results. Finding a way to still build muscle while training at home is key to getting the results you desire. 

Some creative ways you can use your staircase: 

  • Run up and down for cardio or even a warm up pre workout
  • Lunges 
  • Tricep Dips
  • Stair Push-Ups / Decline Push-Ups
  • Stair Crawls
  • Step ups / Side steps
  • Stair Hops 
  • Crab Walks


Yoga can be done just about anywhere and can help us control our mind, body and soul. Especially right now during a pandemic when stress levels seem to be a little bit higher. It helps us bring together physical and mental disciplines to achieve a peaceful body and mind. It also helps in increasing flexibility, muscle strength and body tone. 

Meditation can help give you a sense of calm, peace and balance that can benefit both your emotional well being and overall health by strengthening your immune system, reducing your blood pressure and lowering your cholesterol levels. The best practice for meditation is doing it upon waking up to help carry you more calmly through your day. 


Many people underestimate the importance of water.

Not only does water help us stay hydrated, it is crucial for many reasons: to regulate body temperature, mood regulation, keep joints lubricated, prevent infections, deliver nutrients to cells, and keep organs functioning properly. 

Science also shows that it helps with increasing energy levels and relieving fatigue, promotes weight loss, flushes out toxins in the body, Improves skin complexion, hormones and maintains regularity. 

Nutrition is KEY! Have you heard about the 80/20 rule? 80% nutrition and 20% exercise? 

It’s true! 80% of your fitness and health goals are achieved by what you choose to consume on a daily basis. The other 20% is a structured training program that fits your lifestyle, needs and goals. 

Start by cleaning out your kitchen and pantry! Getting rid of any “junk” or processed foods from your kitchen will help prevent you from over indulging when you get those late night cravings. 

Create a grocery list containing veggies, lean proteins and complex carbs! 

Focus on eating smaller, more frequent meals throughout the day vs 2-3 bigger meals. This will help get your metabolism going! 

Looking for a more customized nutrition program? 

Complimentary Consult

Your partner in health, 

Kam Renée


Comments are closed