Procrastinating – I put the word “PRO” in procrastination.
Don’t Wait To Stop Procrastinating
I feel overwhelmed when I think of all the tasks I have ahead of me, it burns me out just thinking about it so I shut down and don’t do them. Then I’m left ashamed and behind… I’m a verbal processor too so as I type this is for myself, to myself, I hope somebody here finds some useful stuff here.
When it comes to building strategies for myself I follow a few rules to help.
Organize my day by putting all my appointments and even drive times between them on a calendar.
- I use Google calendar and sync all my email accounts and color code everything.
- Check the calendar before you go to sleep.
- Check it before you get out of bed
- Visualize your day as in a timeline.
Take advantage of your downtime.
I’m such an introvert at times… I get social hangovers and need some time alone. My time alone can be wasted or utilized.
If you’re an extrovert type find the people you need in your world to recharge and get motivated by.
- When home, take care of chores and other adulting responsibilities.
- Rest well. Recharge for your next appointment.
- Hydrate and refuel.
Make a plan and take action. Strategy.
- Set short term and long term goals for the day, the week and the month.
- Don’t try to bite off more than you can chew. One step at a time.
- If you miss a step in your day move on.
Get to work guys!