What are your bad habits?
We all have them or have been through them, but are you letting them get the best of you?
Everything we do, say and think on an everyday basis has an effect on our growth in the long run. If you have some epic goals set but are letting your negative habits consume you, you will never fully get there, straight up. You may not see it but your bad habit is holding you back.
Some common bad habits that affect your everyday life and drain your energy are listed below:
1. Saying “yes” to everything
2. Negative self-talk
3. Being indecisive
4. Fearing failure
5. Taking constructive criticism personally
6. Not sharing your opinion
7. Comparing yourself to others
8. Letting all the small things get to you / holding on to the past
9. Giving up too easily
10. Lack of self-love or confidence
11. Complaining & Blaming all the time
12. Needing to be perfect/ please everyone
13. Surrounding yourself with a negative circle of people
14. Having a poor diet
15. Overthinking / overstressing
16. Not living in the moment
You need to get yourself past these bad habits before you can achieve your goals and be truly content and happy with life. No this isn’t easy but necessary. Whatever your goal is, fitness related, career, or life in general this applies to you. Your state of mind plays a huge role in your overall success and happiness.
What can you do to push past these bad habits?
1. Surround yourself with a good support system/positive circle
2. Remember to stay focused, redirect the habit and replace it with a new routine
3. Redirect negative thoughts and find something positive in every situation
4. Focus on the progress that you have made everyday
5. Give the new habit a solid effort before throwing in the towel! You will succeed if you give every new habit a fair effort. Every habit/new lifestyle takes a different amount of time to develop.
6. Understand how a habit works before you try to change it using Cue-Routine-Reward
7. Make yourself accountable & be mindful of your actions. Track your progress with a journal or app that will help you stay accountable for your actions.
8. Consider variety your enemy! Stay consistent when trying to form healthy habits. Your body & mind need to get used to consistency to properly form a habit that will stick
9. Take baby steps and reward your milestones along the way
We understand how hard it can be to break an old habit in order to build healthier ones, whether it comes to nutrition or fitness or other aspects of life. If you take the time to create healthy habits they will not be restrictions on yourself. As well we cannot rely on always being motivated to do things like eating healthy and workout, though when you create a habit for yourself, this motivation comes naturally.
If you find yourself stuck in this situation we are here for motivation and to give you the tools to help get you through this negative state of mind, contact us!
Living a #determinedlife
Brooke & Logan