I always believe that you can transform your life through fitness and this is why I do what I do. I believe that when you develop a strategy to set yourself to win, through fitness, you can translate this habit into any aspect of your life!
A Win/Win approach!
So how do we set ourselves up to win especially during Covid-19 lockdown? Develop a systematic approach to your daily activities.
Create a plan/habit that will hold you up when you start to fall. So before going to bed at night:
1. Prepare your food for the next day, even if you’re working from home, so when you’re finished work and tired, you have a safety net.
2. Write down your goals or “to do” list for the next day and tackle them in order of importance; ex: Tomorrow after work I will go for a walk.
3. Organize your life so you have healthy foods available at home. Don’t keep sweets since they will always be a temptation. (Trust me I’ve failed here many times and I know how hard it takes to resist!) Make sure you always have raw nuts, celery, apples, carrots, and low-fat organic yogurt. By keeping your blood sugar level steady, it will be easier to stay on track.
4. Surround yourself with people who allow you to be authentically you, who loves you and makes you feel good! Stop hanging around or in case of social distancing. Stop talking to negative people as they will draw on your energy, drag you down and will make you feel tired! Ever get that feeling with some people? So learn to avoid them! And lastly, my favorite:
5. Practice gratefulness. There is always a reason to be thankful, and if you are healthy, have clothes to wear, food to eat and bed to sleep then consider yourself blessed especially at this time of the year.