Mom life is hard sometimes!
Here are 3 things to help your week run smooth:
- Meal Prepping!! Plan out your meals for the week, buy the ingredients, chop and cook, and portion them out. The best thing is know you are set up for success when your healthy meals are cooked and ready to go for the week! This means, less scrambling for meal ideas when your brain is fried after a long day of work and kids. Plan ahead, prep ahead, and change your life!
- Write down ALL. THE. THINGS. in your calendar. I put everything into my iPhone calendar and set alarms for the week. I also write everything in color coding on a giant calendar for my family then plan my workouts around the schedule. When it is visible, you can make attainable fitness goals for the week. You only have 10-15 mins, you know you can go hard for that time with a quick HIIT workout or count that day as your recovery with a quick yoga stretch and/or walk. You can fit it in, when you really take the time to plan it out.
- Chore charts for everyone. I know, not really fitness related but gosh dang its hard to be responsible for the entire household. When everyone knows what they are accountable for and consequences are handed out for not helping, it will make your life a tad bit easier mama! It will give you just a few more minutes a day to breathe ….or meal prep or get your workout in. Trust me. Everyone needs to help.
Organizing Your Mom Life
3 things to do before you leave the house each morning:
- Start a load of laundry.
- Wash the dishes and/or start the dishwasher.
- Make you bed.
Trust me, your house will just have a feeling of organization if you complete these things. Your tired from work, and have to run kids self will thank you!
3 things to do before you go to bed:
- Put away the laundry. I fold the laundry for my 3 and 5 year old and hang up their nicer clothes then when they are done with bath time, they can quickly put them away for you.
- Clean up your kitchen. There is just something about going to bed with a clean kitchen that feel so satisfying.
- Get everything ready for the next day. Lay out your workout clothes, tennis shoes, and gym bag. Charge your phone. Fill up your water bottle and have it ready in the fridge. Help the kids lay out clothes, shoes, socks, underwear, backpack, lunch pail packed, and water bottles ready. Anything that can make hectic mornings easier will start your day on the right foot!
I hope your found these tips helpful in organizing your life and helping you find more time to achieve your goals. Trust me, mama, I know how busy and crazy and hectic it can be.
But, no excuses! We got this!