If you have a car that requires premium gas to function at the highest level, you don’t think twice do you? It’s a complicated machine, and you want it to run smoothly. You know that following the rules set by the manufacturers is the best way to maximize your car’s performance.
So why are you shortchanging your own complicated machinery with the wrong fuel?
If your body is forced to run on unhealthy fuel, there’s a good chance it will feel, perform, and look like that clunker you saw in the used car sales lot. On the other hand, if you fuel your body with premium ingredients and treat it like the elite racecar it wants to be, you’ll experience premium results!
There are some easy healthy guidelines you can implement at home, in the grocery store, and while cooking that will make this entire process that much easier. When you choose your food, you shop for your food, and you prepare your food, you’re taking steps that can get you even closer that that fabulous bikini bod!
AT HOME (& WORK, WHICH IS BASICALLY YOUR 2ND HOME):
FOCUS on 4-6 small meals every day.
Your bikini body wants to feel satisfied and slightly full, but not stuffed. And you certainly don’t want to be starving – that just leads to binge eating! So keeping meals on the smaller side, but eating every 3-4 hours is the key. Don’t force it, but certainly listen to your body intently.
KEEP supplies handy!
That means prepping food in individual servings so that items are easy to grab and go. Making unhealthy choices should never be blamed on not being prepared. It also means having a stocked refrigerator and pantry that offer op healthy choices. A full vegetable or fruit drawer is a fabulous kitchen accessory!
STOCK your car.
If you spend a lot of time in your car (another “home” for some), make sure that you keep supplies handy there as well. That means bottled water, and healthy snacks that can easily be stored, such as almonds and apples.
CLEAN out that refrigerator and cabinet!
It’s time to re-stock your pantry and your refrigerator with fresh, whole foods that will keep you on track and feeling AMAZING in that bikini!
- Throw away anything that is past the expiration date. That includes frozen items that have been in the freezer for 6 or more months.
- Get rid of anything containing monosodium glutamate (MSG). This is a commonly used chemical additive that’s used to enhance flavor in packaged foods. Make sure you check condiments, soups, canned vegetables, processed meats, and snacks such as chips and crackers.
- Get rid of anything containing high fructose corn syrup. This is another commonly used chemical additive that’s used to inexpensively sweeten packaged foods. Make sure you check sodas, fruit drinks, pancake syrup, condiments, packaged dessert items (i.e. frosting), packaged bread and crackers, pastries, and candies.
- Focus on whole, fresh ingredients. A full vegetable and fruit drawer is a fabulous thing! Shop for fresh proteins on a weekly or bi-weekly basis so nothing gets stuck collecting freezer burn, and processed proteins aren’t necessary.
- Stock up on citrus! To keep your body feeling lean and mean and to help eliminate bloat, you need to stay fully hydrated. But 80-120oz of water a day can get pretty boring. A low-calorie and yummy way to zest up your water is to add slices of citrus fruit, such as lemons, limes, oranges, and grapefruit. Mint, cucumber, and mulled berries work really well too!
So, follow these easy-to-implement healthy guidelines, and let me know how your body feels!