Here are every exercisers essentials!
Pssst… Can I talk in your ear for a few seconds? I’d just like to let you in on a little secret on how to be confidently ready for all your future workouts. That’s all. The secret? It’s Feeling Good. Yup. Know the best way to feel good? Looking good!
If you look good, you feel good, and if you feel good, you do good. You know what I’m talking about? You see the ones in the Town Center Mall or at Mizner Park after their workouts, rocking the bright colored, brand name, sexy workout outfits that they have matching from their shirt down to their shoes. They look packed with confidence, their shining bright knowing they just got an awesome workout in and are feeling awesome because of it. And we know how they did it!
Everyone’s going look good in different ways. You know what works for you. You know what makes you pick your chin up and put the chest out and you know you just feel good about yourself.
Every Exercisers Essentials
Now let’s take it to the gym. How can you feel good at the gym? What is needed in order to make sure you’re going to be looking good at the gym?
Here are 5 essentials every Fitness Enthusiast needs to be prepped and ready to feel good for an awesome workout:
- Gym Shoes: I’m talking a light, bright, battle tested workout shoe. Something you’re going feel like you could run through all of Boca in. Something snug but not too tight. Try the rule of thumb (pun intended) that there should be about a thumbs width between your longest toe and the tip of the insole.
Well-made performance shoes can do more than just make you look good, but will also aid with arch support, prevention of injuries and even help with performance and endurance. Help make the feet feel good inside and out.
- Water Bottle: A water bottle or jug with insulated stainless steel walls like a Hydroflask or a Yeti is recommended. Something that is going keep ice in it all day while keeping the water cold is a pretty cool bonus. There are plenty of brands out there with different price ranges for you to choose what works best for you. The bigger the better, and if it’s comfortable to carry and will help prevent having to keep filling up, even better.
For anyone who knows me knows that my staple is my 64oz White Hydroflask Bottle. I take it EVERYWHERE I go. Why? Because cold water at my convenience is refreshing and also needed.
Our body is made up of approximately 60% water, so proper hydration is crucial to a variety of essential functions that can impact athletic performance.
- Towel: Yup, a towel. But not just any old towel. You don’t wipe your bottom with just any kind of toilet paper right? Let’s treat our face the same. For the work we’re going to be putting in and the sweat that’s going to be coming out, we’re going to want that perfect towel to absorb that sweat while feeling soft and smooth while we do it.
Whether it is cotton, microfiber, polyvinyl alcohol or bamboo fiber towel, bring it with you every time. It’s now part of your gym uniform because when you’re arched over the treadmill after just running for miles or you just finished your chest burnout, you’re going be drenched and a clean, smooth towel on your face is going feel real nice and rewarding.
- Headphones: Music is a very powerful source of energy no matter the situation. So your headphones should be too. No matter your go-to gym motivational playlist, a nice set of headphones pumping some clear vocals with some nice bass and treble getting you hyped is a beautiful feeling.
You’re in your own element and it feels like it’s just you against the world. Tuning everyone out and being in tune with your feelings while working on your body and goals can bring you to an awesome gym high. You’re going find your zone and it’s going feel awesome!
- Blender Bottle: Now this one is going be optional depending on if you are taking any pre-workout or protein powder supplements. But if you are, the Blender Bottle is going be essential. Proper nutrition’s consumed before going into your workout is a big part of not losing your current muscle. So it doesn’t pull from the results already achieved. Food and some supplements can help prevent that. Also important is replenishing of the body after your workout from the wear and tear you do to it throughout your training.
Having the shaker on hand can be conveniently accessible for both situations. Get one that fits you. Superman one, Batman one, favorite sports team, Victoria Secret one, or just a generic one if you choose. It feels good knowing you’re taking care of your body and doing right by it.
All these things combined and used on the regular could lead to huge commitment and feeling good at the gym. Look good, Feel good, be confident. Remember your worth. Remember your why. And as long as you’re better, happier, and outperformed yourself yesterday today, then you’re doing awesome and headed in the right direction. Can you imagine what the results will be down the road if you win every day? Ohhh Lord! Grab these 5 Exerciser Essentials and let’s find out!
As always, we’re here to help you get started! If you need advice or an extra nudge, e-mail me at ImmersionCoach@gmail.com.