Why do most diets fail? Research shows that regular dieting is a waste of time and energy. Don’t believe me? Read on to find out why…
So why am I shutting dieting down?
Research shows that most diets fail for 5 reasons:
- You try to exercise your willpower to control your appetite instead actually understanding that there is a science behind hunger
- Your focus is too much on counting calories
- Your diet consists of all low-fat foods
- Your weight is actually affected by hidden reasons that require medical attention
- You lack a solid health and weight loss plan to guide you on your journey
When the average dieter loses weight, they lose muscles AND fat. But once they regain the weight, they gain back only the fat…which ultimately slows down your metabolism which of course is the opposite of what we want!
So how can you succeed with your health without dieting?
Here are 5 success tips that will keep your weight and health in check without dieting:
- Eat enough whole fresh foods to satisfy your appetite ( your body will be less hungry because it is fully nourished)
- Eat protein for breakfast to boost your energy for the day
- Eat your last meal 3 hours before bedtime to give your system time to digest before you sleep
- Make low glycemic foods your diet staple such as nuts, seeds, chicken, and fish so that your blood sugar stays balanced
- Eat good fats at every meal such as avocado, nuts or even olive oil (healthy fats are your best friend trust me)
In my health coaching practice, I help my clients learn how to lose weight, gain energy and feel better than ever… without dieting. That’s huge!