Here is a small extract of the kind of nutritional coaching I offer. No meal plans, no calorie counting, just common-sense habit building that will last a lifetime. Eat superfoods.
If you can use these simple superfoods listed in here, you will be eating better than half the population of the UK. So your mission this week is a toughie.
Below you will find a list of 22 superfoods. This week I want you to make as many meals as possible using as many of these foods, as you can. If you can’t do that, then try and use at least 60% of them throughout the week.
22 superfoods reference guide
- Lean red meat (grass fed is preferential, but not essential)
- Salmon (wild line caught is best, but living in the real world, a decent wild-caught, not-farmed fish would be good. But eat whatever you can afford)
- Eggs (omega-3 if possible. If not, free-range ones, not battery eggs. I must insist on this one)
- Plain greek yogurt, full fat, low fat or fat free (higher protein content, than other types). Cottage cheese or coconut milk yoghurt.
- Protein supplements (only if you cannot get your daily need through food). Whey, milk or plant-based proteins powders.
- Lean chicken or turkey (skinless breast meat, bar-b-qued, grilled or baked)
Vegetables and Fruits
At least 7 portions a day (3 fruit and 4 vegetable, or 2 fruit and 5 vegetables)
- Spinach (awesome in super shakes and omelettes)
- Cruciferous (cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower)
- Mixed berries (frozen will suffice, another super shake goody)
- Mixed beans
- Quinoa ( the only natural and none animal product that contains all 9 essential amino acids)
- Whole oats – porridge (can be used for breakfasts, post workout or in homemade energy bars or super shakes)
- Raw, unsalted mixed nuts
- Avacados (in salads or part of super shake)
- Extra virgin olive and rapeseed oils
- Fish oil (not cod liver oil) or Algae oil, capsules or neat. Look for EPA and DPA on label at least 600 mg of each is best, but again whatever you can afford. Some is better than none.
- Flax seeds (oil, whole, or ground) (super shakes or sprinkled on breakfast)
- Green Tea (good antioxidant and fat burner) and water.
- Liquid exercise drinks, only if needed to support activities (BCAA’s)
- Greens supplements, always recommend as very difficult to consume correct amounts.
Post comments on how easy or difficult you found it, and whether you enjoyed these 22 superfoods!