A Genuine Tabata Workout
Tabata workout is very hard, very intense HIIT training. It lasts only 4 minutes, but it will make your muscles sore as hell.
There are many misconceptions about how to really train Tabata workout. I want to emphasize a few things about Real Tabata:
- First of all: Tabata is only ONE exercise, which you do in 8, 20-seconds series, 10 second breaks. You can see on Youtube that many trainers thinks, that you can choose 4, or even 8 different exercises, but it’s not true!
- To Tabata, you should pick exercises that engages as many muscles in Your body as possible, for example: push ups, burpees, squats, mountain climbers, skip-a etc.
- Tabata workout is a really hard HIIT Workout (High Intensity Interval Training)
- There is no such thing as Tabata for beginners–you should be at least intermediate in fitness/sports to do a Tabata Workout
- You should do only one 4-minute Tabata Workout. Do not do more than one Tabata in a week. There is possibility to do more, if in your first Tabata, you train your upper body (push ups for example), and second Tabata your legs (squats or skip-A)
- You always should do warm-up before your Tabata Workout!