Do you struggle with adding more calories to your diet on a daily basis?
Hello, my name is Ireyna Parker – NASM certified Personal Trainer and Fitness Nutrition Specialist.
Over the years I’ve noticed that the majority of my clients didn’t have an issue with eating too much, in fact, they weren’t eating enough calories on a daily basis.
Fueling your body sufficiently is imperative to your success with your training routine.
Below is a list of foods that you can add to your diet today to increase your calorie intake and get better results:
- Add flaxseed powder to:
- protein shakes
Garden of Life has an Organic Golden Flaxseed powder (sold at The Vitamin Shoppe) that has a great tasting flaxseed powder which actually contains sweet raw organic fruits for even better enjoyment.
- Take flaxseed supplements – each pill contains about 15 calories and you can take up to 4 per day. Plus they’re also a good source of Omega-3 and Omega fatty acids. It’s a small amount but every calorie counts, right?
- Add milk to your shakes instead of water- regular milk, almond milk, coconut milk are all healthy and tasty ways to increase the calories.
- Add veggies to each meal.
- Also, add olive oil or coconut oil to saute meat and veggies.
- Incorporate a ¼ cup of nuts in your diet every day.
- Add avocado slices to salads and sandwiches.
- Eat more protein: If you’re only eating 2-3 oz of protein, step it up to 4-6 oz of lean protein. (Ex: skinless boneless chicken, fish, seafood)
- Add an extra meal into your day; If you find that you’re only eating 3 times per day, step it up to 3-5 times per day. Give yourself a mid-morning or an afternoon snack.
- Add hard-boiled eggs or egg whites to salads, soups, and sandwiches.
- Add guacamole to tuna salad, egg salad, chicken salad, and sandwiches.
- Incorporate more fatty fish to your diet 3 times per week.
- Add all natural peanut butter to smoothies and other snacks.
- Always have a protein with fruit: Greek yogurt is my favorite thing to pair with fruit.
- Have a glass of milk with breakfast, lunch or dinner (protein nut milk for lower carb).
Feel free to share this article with your friends. The more people informed, the better.