The body is a complicated machine, an elaborate system that I don’t know if anyone truly understands (or ever will).
I do know one thing however, and that is the body wants to be optimal; it wants to be healthy and it has ‘us’ in its best interest.
This realization, combined with my own frustrations with ‘becoming healthy’, changed not only my life, but the lives of my clients and those who read my emails (be sure to sign up to my newsletter below and hopefully I can also help you look & feel amazing!)
You see, if you want to look good you simply need to get healthy. If you want to feel good, get healthy. It really is all down to health.
Sure, you can look good without being healthy. I know this for a fact. I was winning Bodybuilding competitions–but had zero libido, poor energy, and felt like rubbish. As soon as you focus on health, however, you get the best of both worlds: feeling great while still looking amazing!
I was winning Bodybuilding competitions–but had zero libido, poor energy, and felt like rubbish.
How do you achieve health?
Again, it’s simple. Let the body do what it wants and expects.
The body doesn’t want (or expect) to:
- Sit all day
- Eat processed food
- Stay up late
- Be surrounded by artificial light, technology and pollutants
- Be chronically stressed
- Never be physically stressed
- Not get sun
- Not get hot/cold
I could go on and on. But hopefully you get the picture.
To achieve health (and thus, look and feel great) we simply need to:
- Eat a wholesome natural diet
- Sleep when it’s dark
- Occasionally push ourselves physically
- Get plenty of sunshine
- Be in touch with nature
- Rest and recover
Crazy huh?! But it’s true. Think about it for a moment. Think about all the ‘fad diets’ or ‘health crazes’. All of them tap into one of the things I mentioned above.
- The “Get Fit In 20mins a Week” Program gets you moving.
- A “Gluten Free Diet” means you eliminate excess carb consumption.
- “Walk 10,000 steps a day” gets you outside in the sun and connected with nature.
- “Vegan Diets” help people feel great in the short term as you restrict processed junk and eat more of a wholesome diet, yet soon health and performance stall as you miss out on vital nutrients.
Diets and ‘quick fixes’ are only half solutions. They only look at one wheel on the moving car. It’s a start, and you’re heading in the right direction, but it’s never enough to reach your desired destination (or stay there). Alternatively, some of these fads or quick fixes simply ‘trick’ the body into thinking it’s getting the things it needs. A band-aid approach that will never have long lasting health benefits.
- Take a drug that reduces joint inflammation so you can continue excessive training, when we could simply eat bone broth or turmeric root and rest more (or move more, if it is lack of movement that is causing the issue)
- Drink coffee to help wake us up, when we could have simply went to bed when it got dark and woke up with the sunrise.
- Go to the gym and walk on the treadmill, when we could simply walk outdoors, barefoot, on the grass exposing our skin to the sun and avoiding the extra stress from being exposed to nnEMF.
So this is what AlexFergus.com is all about? Simple, helping people look and feel amazing by going back to basics. There we go, my secret is out!
Again, if you’re intrigued, I highly recommend signing up to my newsletter, because if you don’t, you may miss out on a nugget of information that could drastically change your life (or at least your way of thinking!).